Friday, August 22, 2008

New JOB!

I have my very first official teaching job! Now we all know that term is relative because I've been teaching piano for 15 years, tutoring for about 5 years and substitute teaching for 8 years so I have plenty of experience but I'm so excited because I get to teach and still be at home with my kids! Crazy, huh? I was just hired by the Utah Virtual Academy to be a K-8 teacher. These students do their schooling online instead of in a traditional classroom. I will be in charge of tracking their assessments & progress and conferencing with them on a monthly basis to help them with any of their schooling needs. Most of my work will be online and on the computer. Once a month I have to go to SLC for training but I think I will welcome the break! I know it's going to be quite challenging, but I think I'm up for it! :) To anyone out there who is looking for an alternate to public education, this could be for you! Check it out at www.utahvirtual.org.

8 comments:

Barlow Family said...

Congrats on the new job. You should talk to Dee about it.
Might offer her some options in how she is doing her home schooling.

Great to see that you have joined the BLOG world, come by and see our blog anytime.

http://barlowboyzandmom.blogspot.com/

Jeff

Lindsey said...

Hey,I just noticed your blog link on Jeff and Dee's. I'm so excited- I love that we can all keep in touch this way. I hope it's okay if I add you to our links?!Congrats on the new job!!

Lindsey

clbarlowfamily.blogspot.com

Lois said...

I totally enjoy keeping up with the Keeler Klan -- your family is growing so fast!! I got to you through the links for Ryan&Lyndee and Matt&Kendall. Congratulations on the new job, Amberlee. Hugs and kisses to all. Be sure and include me if you ever go "private." I may even get into the BLOG world sooner or later. Love, Aunt Lois

The Mortensens said...

Sounds like a great opportunity for you. Congratulations! You'll have to let us know how you like it. It's nice to see you posting!

Crystal said...

Jake just told me that you have a blog so I thought I'd come and check it out. You'll have to come see ours. jakeandcrystalsmith.blogspot.com
Creative name, eh?
Your job sounds really cool. Perfect for a stay-at-home mom. I'll have to get details from you.

The Keelers said...

Congrats on the new JOB!!! We are so excited for you and hope that you have a blast doing it! You'll have to keep us updated. Tell the kids hi.

Matt & Kendall

Nathan and Amy said...

That sounds like the perfect job. Byron and Preston will miss coming over for piano. Luckily we were able to get them with Tia Melessa. She could probably take a couple more if there are still some of your students looking for someone. Good luck with the new job. I am so happy for you. :-)

Amy said...

This souds like a great thing for you. I work from home online, too, but I do not like the type of work I am doing. How did you get into this? I am very interested in something similar. Do you have any info? If you do, will you please email me or check in with me on facebook? Thanks!

New Hits!