Well, I guess since 60% of the population is going to get the swine flu, I should have expected that we'd be part of it. Unless of course, we were planning to stay indoors all winter long and go NOWHERE. Um. No. Not part of the plan.
This past week Mia and Noah were diagnosed so the quarantine began. Great. Why? Because the quarantine started the day before FALL BREAK! We had been planning a trip to Salt Lake to take the kids to Lagoon and all our plans were haulted by this news. Jaxon's already had the swine flu (July '09) so he seems to be immune to it. I thought Dallin was going to get away without getting it too, since he's the "well child" in the family and rarely gets sick, but alas, this morning he woke with a headache and a cough. *SIGH* So now, all the kids have had the swine flu in our family. I have a bit of a sore throat just in the last two hours, and Kirt was sick last weekend, so I'm starting to wonder if that's what he had. Dallin will be quarantined all week, which means we don't get to go to the Jon Schmidt concert and masterclass, he'll miss his band concert, AND we can't go to Salt Lake again next weekend. (We were going to give the Lagoon trip one last try.) Maybe we're really not supposed to go to Lagoon! :(
Anyway, it's been tough to be cooped up all weekend (LONG weekend) while it's been perfect weather outside, but the kids have been troopers. As for this mom, hmmm. Not so much a trooper. We've gone through lots of Tylenol and lots of FOOD! Even though they are coughing their heads off, they still feel good enough to eat, so I just keep heading back to the store... 1 1/2 gallons of milk a day, lots of fishy crackers, yogurt galore and ...well, at least they're alive. :)
4 comments:
Don't you just hate it when your kids get sick?! Being cooped up is the pits. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Oh my goodness...so sorry that your family was sick. Luckily we havn't had it yet, but there are many friends we havn't been able to play with because they've gotten the bug. Maybe going to lagoon will motivate them to get better sooner!
I am scared for my kids- they just keep saying it is soo bad. But yours seem to be just fine so it makes me less worried. Hope everyone is better soon.
My brother's whole family has it too, so crazy!! Oh, and stockings are ready whenever, how many do you want?
Post a Comment