I first heard the phrase "Happy-Sad" in a Cabbage Patch storybook that I owned as a kid. Since then, I have experienced many "Happy-Sad" moments in my life. Getting married, moving to Cedar City, leaving my baby (Dallin) to finish my student teaching, moving from the Washington 5th Ward. Right now I'm living a "Happy-Sad" moment once again.
I am so excited to move into our new house. We walked through it again a week or so ago and I still LOVE it. I want to have more room for all of us, a place for everything, and kids over to play with my kids without going NUTS because we're all in the same room. I want the front door to open and everyone NOT to see the mess we live in. I want my kids to have more personal space because I know how it feels not to have any. This is a GOOD move for us. In so many ways.
On the other hand, the reality hit me today that I will be moving away from some VERY good neighbors and friends. We have become close friends with George and Heather Claseman, who live right across the street. Their youngest, Jenni, is Dallin's age, but my little ones (actually, all my kids) LOVE to hang out over there. Heather also tends the kids for me when I have to be out of town for work. This morning when it snowed here in St. George they all ended up "playing" over at Claseman's. Heather sent me an email with some pics of the kids drinking hot chocolate and told me how much she was going to miss them just dropping in. Honestly, I think she's a better mom to my kids than I AM!
Mia also walks right next door to preschool right now. All of my kids have attended Miss Keri's preschool and she is SO good to them. We have lived in this house while all of them attended preschool, so it's going to be a bit of a change for me to actually have to TAKE her to school. :) I'll have to set a timer to make sure I'm there to pick her up on time instead of her just coming in the door and yelling, "Mo-om! I'm HOOOOME!"
OK, I sit here bawling, as I type. What's wrong with me? I could be moving hundreds of miles away! I could be moving out of the country! Those are things to cry about. I'm not even moving a mile. I think the pregnancy hormones and emotions are just getting to me. That's it. I'm sure of it. :)
4 comments:
The sad will be over soon and the Happy will be front and center once again! You don't have to get Mia from school, she can just come see me!!! I will miss so many things when you are gone but I am soooo happy that you will have the things that are good for you and your family. (One person can only be greedy for so long, I guess it is time for me to share!)
Its normal to feel that way, you are pregnant, and having a huge change during the sweetest, yet most stressful time of year. If you feel like crying, do it without feeling bad. It will pass, once you get settled into your new home and routine. ((Hugs))
I just love reading your blog. I totally know what you mean about happy sad moments!!
It is hard to leave a home with so many memories - even though it just doesn't work for you any more. I can't imagine ever moving away from this home - where we brought our two babies home to. I understand your sadness but I'm also so excited for you that you get to start over again!! Good luck with all of the stuff that makes a move!!
Post a Comment