Today was a sad day at the Keeler house. After church, we found that our dog Luke had passed away. We're pretty sure it was just from natural causes even though he was only 3 years old.
Mia cried herself to sleep tonight because "I miss my Lukie". The boys were all very sad also. A lot of crying went on today. I've never been so attached to a pet before. Kirt was very good to me through the whole situation. He dug a grave tonight and we buried Luke in the backyard. He even gave a great memorial service and we said prayers outside around the grave.
We (OK Kirt, because I've been an emotional wreck all day) also took the opportunity to talk to the kids about life and death, the plan of salvation, etc. We had a good discussion and the kids asked lots of questions.
Mia cried herself to sleep tonight because "I miss my Lukie". The boys were all very sad also. A lot of crying went on today. I've never been so attached to a pet before. Kirt was very good to me through the whole situation. He dug a grave tonight and we buried Luke in the backyard. He even gave a great memorial service and we said prayers outside around the grave.
We (OK Kirt, because I've been an emotional wreck all day) also took the opportunity to talk to the kids about life and death, the plan of salvation, etc. We had a good discussion and the kids asked lots of questions.
Rest in peace, my sweet baby boy! We will always love you.
5 comments:
We are soo soo soo sorry. We are so sad for you guys. Know that we love you!
I can't believe he died so young. How sad!
Thanks for sharing this memorial with us. Soo sorry that it happened. I know who much he was loved.
LY Grandma
Awww! I'm so sorry! It's so hard to loose a family friend.
I hope your family is feeling better. We are sad this happened to you. We love you guys!
Annette
Post a Comment