Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful

I love my life. I know I can be whiny, grumpy, impatient, and ungrateful a lot of the time due to the stresses of everyday life, but I really do LOVE my life. I'm one of the lucky ones who has a life that she imagined from childhood. I just always wanted to be a wife and mother and to serve my Heavenly Father in the best way possible. Some days I feel like I'm a failure, but most days I feel like I do a pretty good job balancing everything.

A friend of mine is delivering a still born baby today. A student of mine had a heart transplant 4 years ago and is now in rejection. And I COMPLAIN? Sure, I've had trials, but you know that saying "If everyone threw their trials in a big pile, you'd want to pick your own back up"? Yeah, that's how I feel today. Thankful. Grateful. Loved. Blessed. Happy.

5 comments:

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Wow...that makes me grateful for my 'trials'. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful!

Maree Allred said...

So true. Sometimes it takes looking at others to see how bad our "trials" aren't.

lakeelers said...

I am thankful for having a great daughter in law that loves her husband and her children. One who is a good wife and mother.

Paisley Butterfly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paisley Butterfly said...

Amberly,
Thanks so much for reminding me what I need to be grateful for! I have decided to keep a "Grateful Journal" and daily keep track of what I am grateful for. I have already run behind on it, but I will catch up! I wanted you to know that your words bring me joy, and I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Yep! Someone nominated me, and I'm just paying it forward to those I believe deserve some kind of recognition! Please stop by my blog for more info on this award: http://shaweetnails.blogspot.com/2011/12/wow-what-interesting-thing-to-wake-up.html
Keep up the good work!
Love & Hugs,
-Sha

New Hits!