Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mia Mentality

As we were driving in the car the other day, Mia and I had this conversation.

Mia: Mom?

Me: Yeah?

Mia: What is that place for? (pointing to the cemetery)

Me: After someone dies and their spirit goes to live with Heavenly Father, we bury their body in the ground to rest until Jesus comes back and we are resurrected.

Mia: Oh. (Long pause.) Why didn't we bury Luke and Duke there?

Me: Well, the cemetery is really just for people. Not pets. That's why we buried Luke and Duke in our backyard.

Mia: Oh. (Long pause again.) I kinda wish I was a dog.

Me: What? Why?

Mia: Cuz' I'd rather be buried by Luke and Duke than by a bunch of people I don't know.

LOL!!! Love her.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is the best. Bless her heart.

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

So, so cute!

The Mortensens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mortensens said...

So funny and cute! I love how kids think. :)

New Hits!