Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sicky Mom

I just don't understand how my husband and four of my children, who go to a public school on a daily basis, escape the sickness...and I (yes, me...the homebody) do not. My theory is that they are around more germs and therefore immune to more germs. They bring it home on their coats, backpacks, hands, you name it, and then it's transferred to me. *sigh* Well, anyway I ended up with Strep last week. I felt kinda yucky Wednesday, and by Thursday I was miserable. So miserable I wished my mommy would come over and make me soft boiled eggs and take care of me. (Moms are the best at that.) Luckily and thankfully, I am the only one who got it. In fact, I'm still recovering. I've been on an antibiotic since Thursday night and I still feel like a pile-o-crap.

On a funny note, here's how my boys described my illness to my mother-in-law tonight:

Jaxon: Yeah, my mom's still sick. REALLY sick.

(P.S. I was sitting right there.)

Grandma: She's still REALLY sick?

Dallin: Yeah, she's so sick she hasn't even yelled at us today.

Grandma: She hasn't yelled at you ALL day? (And she winked at me.)

Dallin: Yup. She usually gets mad and runs downstairs yelling at us when we fight on Sundays. But her throat hurts so bad she didn't even yell today.

Haha. I love my kids. If there is one thing you can count on, it's telling the truth when it comes to tattling on me. Hopefully I can yell tomorrow. :)

5 comments:

The Mortensens said...

Haha That is so funny! I hope you feel better soon. I hate strep!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that you're still sick! Your kids are too funny. :) Somehow I've never been able to escape the illnesses after being around the germs all day. Sorry that your kids brought the germs home to you. :(

Maree Allred said...

That's hilarious. Kids say the darndest things. :) Get better soon!

Kim said...

I hope that you have your yelling voice back now!! That is hilarious that the kids said that!! Love it!

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you get it so frequently. My two year old keeps asking me if she can rub my throat to make it better. I too was wanting my mommy. It is so hard being the mommy and being sick. The two should not be possible. If I was given the choice of wanting to lay on the couch and do nothing for two weeks straight, or to do it because I was sick, it would not be a hard choice. The full body aches and constant headaches were horrible. I hope you are feeling better:)

New Hits!