Monday, June 6, 2011

It's FUN to be ONE!

Our sweet little Emmeline turned one a couple of weeks ago! With all the "May" excitement around here (you understand if you have kids in school) and working full time, I'm behind the eight ball on blogging, so forgive me as I catch up. Now that work has slowed down, I'm going to try daily posts for awhile!

At her 12 month Dr. appointment here were her stats:
~24.5 lbs. (95th percentile!)
~30.5 inches (85th percentile!)
Here are some of the fun things she is doing lately:
~stink bug crawling on the tile and wood to avoid knee contact with the floor
~starting to walk all over, about 6-8 steps at a time
~says "mama", "dada" and "uh-oh"
~blows the cutest (and slobberiest)raspberries ever :)
~doesn't nap much, but sleeps all night
~drinks well from a sippy cup
~will try any food, but will blows raspberries and spit it out if she doesn't like it
~loves berries...all kinds!
~still loves her binky
~does NOT like to be put in her bed awake but likes to be rocked to sleep (oops, my fault!)
~If you say, "Give me a kiss!" She makes the CUTEST face where she raises her eyebrows, tightens her lips into a toothless smile, and makes a kissing noise...ADORABLE!

I am so thankful for this little angel. She is such a blessing in my life. I am very happy I will have her to keep me company since Mia will be going to school ALL day this year! This mom wasn't ready for that. I like having little buddies at home. We love you, Emme doll!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She's so cute! Thanks for this fun post.

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday little Emme! I'm pretty sure Schaeffer weighs about 24 pounds right now. Ha ha.

Kim said...

She is DARLING!

lakeelers said...

She is a love bug for sure

New Hits!